NP CAD Page | Download | Russian
Articles, book excerpts and examples
Here I will place this site links to book excerpts, articles and programming examples illustrating some AutoCAD techniques and tricks.
Themes: ObjectARX/C++ || Visual LISP || .NET || AutoCAD
6. "C/C++. Procedure-oriented programming" by M.Polubentseva.
This book gives basic knowledge of C & C++ languages.
5. "Intersection of Entities" - about calculation of points for intersection of entities.
4. "Migration Advice - AcString Type" is an article of Alexander Rivilis on using AcString type in migration from 2006 to 2007.
3. "Primary Advices for Migration from ObjectARX 2004-6 to ObjectARX 2007-8" - about first things to consider when transferring ARX applications to AutoCAD 2007-2008.
2. "Transparent Splash Screen as a Modeless Dialog (C++)" is an article on creation of a modeless splash window with the use of C++, managed code (.NET) and Windows Forms. Window is called from LISP program.
1. "ObjectARX 2002 Wizard" - on ObjectARX Wizard (Visual Studio Add-in) used in Visual C++ for programming AutoCAD 2002. Excerpt from the book "AutoCAD 2002" ("In Origin" series). [Yet only in Russian]
13. "The AcCmColor Color" - on a special class used for color values in AutoCAD.
12. Program for moving properties in dynamic block. Written by A.Lazebny.
11. Program for building desk organizer, to chapter 10 of D.Abbott's book. Program author is V.Savelieva.
10. "Mysteries of Autodesk's Caves" - a story by Andrey Lazebny, how to get access to dynamic block parameters and programmatically modify them, including use of webmacros.
9. "AutoLISP by Example: Getting Started" - how to begin studying AutoLISP language (a piece of D.Abbott's book "AutoCAD®: Secrets Every User Should Know" (in Russian)).
8. "Little Tricks of Default Directory" - article by Sergey Vasiliev (Nizhny Novgorod, Russia) on danger of using file name without full path in open, vl-file-copy etc. functions. Corresponding amendments are to be made in the book "AutoLISP and Visual LISP Inside AutoCAD" (Russian).
7. "Toolbar Dances" is an article on creation of virtual (dynamic) toolbar that is not saved in the user interface after leaving AutoCAD session. You can see ActiveX techniques for work with menu groups, toolbars collection. A toolbar is being created, filled in with buttons, helpstrings and executable macros. Visual and hardly explainable effects are curious.
6. "Example of use of undocumented functions (progress bar)" - on creation of progress bar with Express Tools functions. It is an excerpt from the book "AutoCAD 2004: Application Development and Customization" ("In Origin" series). [Yet only in Russian]
5. "Using COM" - on programming reading and writing Excel 2002 tables using the result of discussion of previous programs. It is an excerpt from the book "AutoCAD 2004: Application Development and Customization" ("In Origin" series). [Yet only in Russian]
4. "LISP & COM" - on programming access to databases and electronic tables. It is an excerpt from the book "AutoCAD 2002" ("In Origin" series). [Yet only in Russian]
3. "Visual LISP Environment" - excerpt (pdf) from the book "AutoCAD Developer's Guide to Visual LISP".
2. "Creation of Help System" is an excerpt from the book "Visual LISP and Secrets of AutoCAD Customization". [Yet only in Russian]
1. "Visual LISP Interpreter" is an excerpt from the book "Visual LISP and Secrets of AutoCAD Customization". [Yet only in Russian]
8. "Do not combine PEDIT and BREAK commands while working with heavyweight polylines in AutoCAD
2006-2009" - on a bug in editing heavyweight polyline.
7. "Invalid display of negative thickness in AutoCAD" - on problems arising with polylines having nonzero width and negative thickness.
6. "My favourite template", "Creation of design documentation", "OLE objects" are excerpts from the book "AutoCAD in engineering graphics". [Yet only in Russian]
5. Introduction to S.Zuev and N.Poleshchuk's book "AutoCAD-Based System - How to Do It". The book describes matters of system creation, developers team forming, selection of tools and writing programs. There are source programs and istallation package for the book version of a real ruCAD system.
4. " *ERRNO & ERRNO system variables" - on system variables providing error codes of user or program actions in AutoCAD. It is an excerpt from the book "AutoCAD 2004" ("In Origin" series). [Yet only in Russian]
3. "Express Tools 2004" is an excerpt from the book "AutoCAD 2004 - Self-Teacher". [Yet only in Russian]
2. "Standards" is an excerpt from the book "AutoCAD 2002 - Self-Teacher". [Yet only in Russian]
1. "Switching between model and paper spaces" is an excerpt from the book "AutoCAD 2000 and Visual LISP - Self-Teacher". [Yet only in Russian]
6. Wizard problems arising in creation of a new managed application (C# or VB.NET) for AutoCAD 2010.
5. "Transparent Splash Screen as a Modeless Dialog (C#)" - on creation of a modeless splash window with the use of C# (.NET) and Windows Forms.
4. Russian translation of .NET API developer's guide.
3. "AutoCAD 2010 .NET API: eFileSharingViolation in Database.SaveAs" - on SaveAs problems in .NET API.
2. An official AutoCAD .NET Developer's Guide is published.
1. Examples of applications launching AutoCAD (visible or invisible modes are possible) and getting access to the document (drawing). The first example uses AcadDocument object, inside which a model space line is being built. The second example uses GetInterfaceObject method and ObjectDBX.AxDbDocument object, inside which program counts number of blocks and number model space entities.
NP CAD Page | Download | Russian